Domestic Electrical Contractor
If you need an Electrician Frome, call A E Martin. It is important to bear in mind that any electrical work you carry out within your home, garden, garage shed and other storage buildings may need to comply with the requirements of the Building Regulations. These set out overall criteria and requirements to ensure electrical safety. Approved Document P provides further practical guidance for undertaking this type of work.
If you are unsure about whether you are required to comply you may wish to contact your local authorities building regulations department. Visit the British Standards Institute (BSI) website for more details.
Cables, switches, socket-outlets and other equipment deteriorate with prolonged use, so they all need to be checked and necessary replacements or repairs made in good time.
Whilst it is relatively easy to make an electrical circuit work – it is far more tricky to make the circuit work safely.
To avoid the dangers that electricity can create it is essential that electrical work is carried out only by those with the correct knowledge, skill and experience in the type of electrical work to be undertaken.
Work we can carry out:
We are happy to carry out all types of electrical work:
- Adding a new socket/sockets to an existing circuit
- Lighting upgrade – changing from pendant to down lights
- Replacing standard light switches/sockets with modern metallic or coloured styles
- Installing new circuits for electric showers or cookers
- Rewiring kitchens including cooker circuits, lighting, sockets, fused switches for appliances
- Rewiring bathrooms such as shaver circuits, electric showers and lighting
- Consumer unit changes/upgrades/relocation and certification
- Installation and testing of fire alarms
- Earthing upgrades
- Full or part house rewires